MBL have run Job Clubs since 2010 in Aldershot and Farnborough. We believe that Job Clubs help those who need support in preparing for and finding work.
We currently run four job clubs around Aldershot and Farnborough, funded by First Wessex Housing Association, which contribute to their policy of supporting people who may be disadvantaged, encouraging independence and participation. Our newest Job Club is at The Vine Day Centre and is funded in partnership with The Vine and First Wessex. The timetable and maps to the job clubs can be found on our downloads page.
The clubs are run on a drop-in basis and offer the following services:
- Up to date details of jobs in the area
- Job hunting guidance
- Access to the internet and support with on-line searches and applications
- CV writing
- Help with letter writing
- Planning for an interview
Over the last year of the 237 clients who attended the Job Clubs
- 236clients, 11% found work
- 131 clients, 55% produced a new CV
- 97 clients, 41% have been helped to use their Universal Job Match account
We liaise closely with RESZ (Rushmoor Employment and Skills Zone) who are working to improve the skills and employability of local people. Last year, in partnership with RESZ, we ran workshops to help people prepare for work at the new Morrisons. Over 30 people attended the workshops on completing the application form and planning for interviews.